Sunday, March 24 from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00, the music of J.S. Bach will be performed in the sanctuary at Prince of Peace Church and simulcast in the Parish Hall, where German food will be served throughout the concert (for as long as it lasts). The event is cosponsored by the Clearwater Chapter of the American
Guild of Organists, and celebrates 334 years since Bach’s birth!
Come when you can, leave when you must!
A preview of this year’s program, thus far
- “Wachet Auf” arranged for handbells and flute
- “Air” from Suite in D and “Arioso” from Cantata 156 for handbells
- Cello suite, No. 5
- French Suite in G for Harpsichord
- Leipzig Chorales for organ: Schmüke dich; An Wasserflüßen Babylon
- Choruses from the B Minor Mass: Crucifixus; Dona nobis pacem
- Prelude and Fugue for organ in B Minor
- Prelude and Fugue for organ in G Major
We are still looking to fill at least two hours of glorious music celebrating Bach’s 334th birthday. Do you have young budding musicians in your congregation looking to play a piece or two for a receptive audience? We welcome chamber musicians, keyboardists, vocalists, young and old alike. anyone who plays/sings the music of the great Johann Sebastian Bach is invited to participate!
To request a performance time, please email or call Shawn Thomas, Parish Musician at Prince of Peace
Lutheran Church at email@example.com or (850) 316-0321.