Historic Peace Memorial Presbyterian Church, located in beautiful downtown Clearwater, Florida, is seeking a full-time Director of Music Ministries who is able to provide musical leadership to our current worship services, as well as help us grow our program in new and creative directions!
Peace Memorial is blessed with many musical assets:
- Our sanctuary is blessed with some of the best acoustics in the entire Tampa Bay region!
- 4 manual, 62 rank, Casavant Pipe Organ
- Schulmerich and White Chapel hand bells
- Baldwin full concert grand piano in Sanctuary, and baby grand in Fellowship Hall
- Well-established concert series (six per year) featuring varied artists and genres
- Adult choir accustomed to singing a varied choral repertoire
- Dedicated choir room, office, and extensive music collection
We are looking for an open, creative, and joyful individual to work as part of the wider worship team of the church. Major responsibilities include: serving as the primary musician at our current traditional style service; helping in the establishment and oversight of a second worship service in an alternate style; leading the various choirs and ensembles of the church.
- Degree in music, advanced degree work preferred
- Experience serving in a church setting, including work as a student intern
- A spirited Christian faith with an understanding of Reformed worship and practice
- Strong keyboard skills, both organ and piano, is essential
- Choral conducting ability, especially from the console
- Experience in a variety of musical styles and genres
Hours/Compensation: This is a full-time salaried position commensurate with educational background and experience, with full benefits, including: medical, pension, vacation, continuing education, and moving expenses.
To apply: Please send resume and a video of a recital piece, hymn, and praise song by August 31 to:
Peace Memorial Presbyterian Church
Attn: Music Director Search Committee
110 S. Fort Harrison Ave.
Clearwater, FL 33756
or email email@example.com